Asia United Insurance, Inc. Data Privacy Statement
Asia United Insurance, Inc. (AUII) is committed to protect and secure the integrity of your personal information.
This Data Privacy Statement explains how we at AUII collect, process, use and protect your Personal Data as we conduct our business to serve your needs, in compliance with the Data Privacy Act of 2012.
All throughout this Data Privacy Statement, AUII is also referred to as “we”, “us” or “our”.
AUII is committed to protect not only the information of our individual clients but also that of our corporate accounts.
- The Information / Data we collect depends on the nature of insurance coverage / service you require.
For Individual Clients, AUII collects the following data:
- Name, address (residence & office) , contact details (mobile & landline phone nos., email address), birthdate, gender, civil status, citizenship
- Employment details (Employer’s name, address & contact details, status/position held, remuneration & other benefits)
- Financial Information (Business interests, assets, sources of income, bank account details, etc…)
- Government ID details (TIN, SSS, GSIS, Unified Multi-Purpose ID, Driver’s License or Passport, etc…)
- Signatures on prescribed AUII forms
- Proof of ownership, location & description of property to be insured
- Family member information
For Corporate Clients, AUII collects the following data:
- Company details (name, address, contact details, nature of business, affiliations, corporate groupings)
- Articles of Incorporation and By-Laws
- Financial Data ( financial statements/income statements, bank account details, assets)
- Principal stockholders, partners, directors, principal officers
- Number of employees or census
- Government ID details (TIN, SSS, VAT, etc…)
- Name of Authorized Representative / position in the Company & personal information ( contact details & financial data)
- Proof of ownership, location and description of property to be insured
When you provide the data which enables AUII to respond to your requests, you agree and consent to our collection, use and disclosure of these data to appropriate third parties, such as but not limited to Reinsurance Brokers, Reinsurance Companies, other Insurance Companies, Claims Adjusters / Evaluators and Property Appraisers, other Service Providers, Banks that service our accounts, Government Agencies such as but not limited to the Insurance Commission, Bureau of Internal Revenue, Securities and Exchange Commission, Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas, for the purposes herein described.
AUII may in the course of our business relationship, collect additional data as required or permitted / authorized by law, such as the Anti-Money Laundering Act of 2001 (Republic Act No. 9160).
- Why, how and when do we collect your personal or corporate information
AUII collects your data as provided for under Data Privacy Act of 2012 in order to:
- understand your insurance needs and enable us to offer and provide the appropriate protection solution to address your exposures
- process/underwrite any application for coverage to ensure prompt and proper documentation which includes the actual property inspection by our accredited service providers as well as securing reinsurance support through our accredited reinsurance brokers
- provide appropriate servicing and related support
- conduct data analytics and further research to enhance client servicing
- inform you about our new products as well as other updates and important advisories
- expedite processing and settlement of claims which includes investigation, assessment and evaluation
- comply with statutory and regulatory requirements, issuances and directives from Regulatory/Supervisory Body, the Courts, Quasi-Judicial Body and Enforcement Agencies.
AUII collects your data through our Application & Proposal or Claim Forms (either online or hard copy), via direct phone calls or emails, our agents and brokers, from other insurers, claims adjusters / evaluators, and/or other third parties involved in our transactions with you.
III. AUII is committed to protect the integrity and confidentiality of your personal data by applying appropriate security measures technically and organizationally, to ensure there is no unauthorized access, use and disclosure of your data.
- Your rights and how to access or correct your personal information:
As the Data Subject, you have the right to access, correct, request for deletion of your personal data/information subject to the limitation imposed by the Data Privacy Act of 2012. AUII will respect your request related to your personal data in accordance with any applicable law(s).
Please email us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and address your concern to our Data Protection Officer. You may also call us at 2421688 or 2453533, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m, Mondays to Fridays.
- Updates or changes to our Privacy Notice
AUII may, as the need arises, change, modify and update this Privacy Notice to reflect changes in the implementing guidelines or regulatory requirements by the National Privacy Commission.